Choosing a dentist can have either positive or negative ramifications on your oral health and the health of your entire body. It is important to take a few things into consideration before haphazardly choosing a dentist from the phone book simply because s/he is the closest or offers the cheapest services. Below you will find tips for choosing the best dentist for you and your family.
- Consult your insurance. While this may not sound like the first place to start when choosing a dentist, it is incredibly important that you consult your insurance to determine what dental practices are accepted within your network. It is vital that you pay attention to the underwriting in your insurance plan in order to avoid hefty dental bills for doctors and services that are not covered under your insurance plan.
- Consider your specific dental needs. If you have pre-existing dental conditions, it is vital that you understand your insurance policies as well as dental services provided by individual dental practices. It is also imperative that you fully research a dentist’s qualifications before becoming a patient. Seeing a dentist who only specializes in general dentistry is not advisable for those who suffer from diabetes, have received major dental work in the past, or who will need extensive dental work in the future.
- Do you have children? Family dental practices are highly recommended for multiple patients within one family. The greatest benefit of a family dentist is that s/he will evaluate all mouths of a single family and will be well-aware of any conditions that are common to those family members. This allows for early detection of dental issues so that early intervention can be taken. It is also advised that parents interview a dentist before taking their children to see him/her in order to make sure that the dentist’s personality is a good fit for their children.
- Is the dentist convenient for you? Truth be told, convenience plays a huge role in how often you will visit the dentist. Whether you need a dental practice that is convenient to your work place, your home, or to your children’s school – this needs to be taken into consideration.
- Ask for a recommendation. Not all dentists (or doctors) should be chosen simply because “everyone else sees him/her,” but dentists that come highly recommended due to their quality of service and care provide a good place to check out!
At Gold Hill Dentistry, Dr. Kavi Sagunarthy, DDS, has created a friendly dental environment where patients feel comfortable and valued. We invite you to visit our practice so that we can provide the highest quality dental service here in the Rock Hill and Fort Mill areas.
2848 Pleasant Rd, Suite 104
Fort Mill, SC 29708
Phone: (803) 566-8055
Posted on behalf of
2848 Pleasant Road, #104
Fort Mill, SC 29708
Phone: (803) 547-4466